September 27, 2013
Listening is a valuable skill that influences and supports success in clinical practice and in the workplace. Whether we are listening to a co-worker, client, boss or family member, knowing how to effectively utilize listening can enrich relationships, foster openness and help to facilitate change.
Philea Urquhart will be joining our September meeting to facilitate and engage us in a discussion exploring listening.
Opportunities are present within all of us beyond conventional thinking and self-imposed limits. Philea will have us look at listening with a consideration of what psychologist and humanistic philosopher Erich Fromm called “mobilizing unconscious energy and showing alternatives”.
Learning objectives of the presentation are:
- Review common habits of communication and their influence on listening outcomes
- Understand types of openness that support effective listening
- Expand your awareness - differentiating three levels of listening
- Practice an inquiry method that supports mobilizing energy
Philea Urquhart is a respected leadership coach, teacher and facilitator with over 25 years’ experience working in large corporations with expertise in sales, adult learning, performance coaching and leadership training. Also an energy healer and life coach, Philea has a successful track record in moving others from the status quo to that what is emerging from within. She’ll share her passion for artful listening and inspire all of us to expand our abilities for the purpose of leading and guiding others to effective change.
Philea D. Urquhart
Education and Training
- B.A. History, Arizona State University, 1987
- Certified Trainer in Presentation Skills – Communispond
- Certified in Professional Sales Coaching – Achieve Global
- Certified in Beyond Coaching and Counseling – Achieve Global
- Certified in Management/Leadership Applications and Practices – Internal Company Curriculums
- Certified Adult Learning Principles and Instructional Design – CEP –Center for Effective Performance
- Life Coaching – Coaches Training Institute
- Workplace Coaching – Coach U
- Sales Trainer of – Professional Selling Skills, Client Centered Selling and SPIN
- Leadership and Emotional Intelligence – Hay Group
- Change Management and Facilitation Skills– Various programs
Students with I.D: $10
RSVP: If you would like to RSVP to this meeting, please CLICK HERE or call (818) 759-9999. Space is limited.
Friday, September 27th
8:30 am Networking
9-11 am Program
Insight Treatment Program. 14156 Magnolia Blvd. Suite #101, Sherman Oaks, Ca.
The September 2013 meeting is sponsored by: